12-15 JULY 2022
The conference will celebrate 30 years of the ISTR community and we look forward to hosting the first in-person international conference for researchers and practitioners in the third sector to reunite and learn from each other since 2018. The eventual return to pre-pandemic normality will offer rare opportunities to reform institutions, reshape discourses and rebuild trust and identities. The third sector once again plays a critical role in these processes and public discussions.
Plans for an in-person meeting are on track at Concordia University. A small virtual component will be planned. In addition to the accepted papers, panels, roundtables and posters that will be shared at the conference, we are preparing professional development workshops, special sessions, affinity and regional network meetings, a PhD Seminar, receptions and other networking opportunities we know you will appreciate.
Presentations from around the world reflecting work that is theoretical as well as empirical, uni-disciplinary as well as multidisciplinary, and pertaining to all continents, will be presented on the following themes:
– The Third Sector and the (Post-)Pandemic
– The Third Sector, Sustainable Development and Climate Change
– Social Movements, Democracy and Political Participation
– Advocacy, Technology and Virtual Spaces in Post Truth Era
– Philanthropy and Voluntarism in Local and Cross Border Contexts.
– Institutions and Third Sector Regulatory Environment
– Management and Governance of Third Sector Organizations
– Hybridity and the Third Sector
– Teaching on the Third Sector
– Diversity, Inequalities and Civil Society
– Social Economy, Social Innovation and the Third Sector
– Other Third Sector Related Topics